Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF # 8

TGIF is a feature over GReads to re-cap the week's posts  & to propose a question for all the followers.
 
This Friday's Question:
And I Quote: What are some of your favorite book quotes?


This is a really tough one for me because I am all about book quotes and sometimes I forget to save some of my favorite quotes in goodreads. Also, some of my recent favorites (like from Ten Things We Did) would be a little spoilery, so I can't share, or rather I would want you to stumble upon it yourself. But my all time favorite quote would be..... DRUMROLL....
I also really like:





Lastly, this one doesn't have a cool picture...
"There is neither happiness nor unhappiness in this world; there is only the comparison of one state with another. Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss. It is necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.....the sum of all human wisdom will be contained in these two words: Wait and Hope." The Count of Monte Cristo
These are just a few from my favorite books and series, to check out more see my goodreads quotes page here. I need to update it with books I have read recently =)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.

This Friday's Question: 
 Genre Wars! What's your favorite genre and which book in that genre made it your favorite?

I don't really have a favorite genre, but I guess I do read contemporary YA fiction again and again. However, most of my favorite books are paranormal, dystopian, and sci-fi. So I am pretty much all over the place!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy For Books.
This Friday's Question: 
 Coming Soon


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

I LOVE that you showed your quotes in pictures :-) I thought about doing that too, but there were just TOO MANY quotes I wanted to list! Ha!  Maybe I'll go back through one day & create picture quotes of my own :-)

Amy @ bookgoonie said...

Love your quotes & their pictures.

Two Readers Reviews said...

So I completely love the quotes done with pictures! How awesome is that??? Seriously?!?! Also the Catching Fire quote is AMAZING! I really need to get with the program and read Perks because after everything I hear you and Ginger saying about it, it has to be incredible!

Yani said...

You totally need to read Perks!!!

CJ said...

Hey guys!! I'm coming from Follow Friday. New follower here. It would be great if you come to my blog and follow me back. Happy days!

CJ @ http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/

Caitlin Lomas said...

I love that last one! The perks of being a wallflower quotes are amazing also. Loved the pictures. 

The Cait Files

Bonnie @ Hands and Home said...

I have been reading a lot of paranormal lately but I cannot just choose one favourite genre! I am your newest follower from the hope and am absolutely loving your blog layout/design!
Bonnie @ HandsAndHome

Lindsi said...

I love The Count of Monte Cristo! Have you seen the movie?

Yani said...

Yes! I did in school, though I hardly remember it, but those lines have always stuck with me and I kinda live by them.

Molly said...

I love the pictures! Also, the quote from The Count of Monte Cristo is beautiful! I'll be adding that one to my own collection.

Jen D. said...

Loved your quotes!  I need to pick up this Perks of Being a Wallflower book you keep mentioning!

tammara webber said...

The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my very favorite books. I love love love that quote. ALL of your quote were lovely. I've never read Perks -- it's going on my list. I'm a sucker for something so incredibly romantic. <3

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...