Friday, June 24, 2011

Faves of 2011... So Far!!

DAY ONE: the books
Hosted by: Inkcrush
I am going to try not to repeat and put books in one category, but for the most part, a lot of them fall into different ones.


1. favourite book read so far in 2011... I actually answered this question last, it's so hard to pick one favorite, but based on how many times I waned to say a book as the winner, I picked my favorites and they are A Need So Beautiful and Divergent.

2. most powerful book... Grace, this story just really hit me and it was so honest and real.

3. brilliantly funny... no competition (since I mostly read very dramatic stuff this year) Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have), with a commendation to the He's So Not Worth It series for having Annie's notes in the book.

4. best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read... I am a big emotional nut, so a lot of the books that won other categories fall into this one as well, but I am choosing Paradise and Where She Went.

5. most beautiful story... A Need So Beautiful is one of the most surprising and most beautiful/haunting stories of a girl that doesn't want to be forgotten.

6. delicious rainy day comfort read... The Summer I Turned Pretty Series just has everything you could want, romance, drama, two hot boys!

7. adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award... Divergent (Divergent Trilogy) FTW!!! I am not kidding when I say I read this from 9 am to 10 pm in one day! But I have to give a second place in this one, because The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was pretty hard to put down as well.

8. the beautiful prose award... because she is probably the best and most beautiful writer that I have enjoyed reading this much: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 3) and the whole Shiver series.

9. most atmospheric and vivid setting... Playing Hurt takes place in the beautiful mountains, and was described so vividly, loved that.

10. i-so-want-to-go-there award... Paris, of course because of both Anna and the French Kiss and Die For Me.

11. most original and imaginative... Across the Universe, I had never read much Sci-Fi but I think this story was very original and different!

12. best under-appreciated, hidden gem book... These would be the indies: Between the Lines, Songbird,  and In the Storm.

13. i-had-no-idea-i-would-love this-so award... Forgive My Fins the cover nor the blurb in the back drew my attention, but after reading a review for it I picked it up and loved it!! Also, A Need So Beautiful was very unexpected.

14. most haunting story... because this really did happen in the past, maybe not the exact story, but Between Shades of Gray for the fact that humanity would allow this to happen to a family.

15. outside my comfort zone but gosh how i loved it... I am really liking the new greek mythology thing so Falling Under, Starcrossed, and  The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen) where very different from my usual.

16. series that i’m loving... Vampire Academy! Just read the first one yesterday and I can't wait to read the rest!!

17. most memorable voice award... many of them, but I will go with A Need So Beautiful again.

18. completely awesome premise award... Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy) has the best premise of all dystopian, and the way society handles it, I believe is pretty realistic. 

19. would make the best movie... Nightshade series! There is action, rebellions, and a love triangle. Also, Divergent and Possession! The boys of both are just so *sigh*

20. want to re-read already... Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith Ready because I don't want to forget a single thing for when book 3 comes out!!


Special Mentions:
Angelfire (Angelfire - Trilogy) 
Unearthly
Delirium
Fall for Anything 
Ghost and the Goth 
and for romance = anything Sarah Maclean!

11 comments:

Jacinda @ Reading Housewives said...

Go Divergent! I still need to read A Need So Beautiful! Yay again for Vamp Academy! And we both chose Wither for premise! That seems to be popular for that category! :)

Two Readers Reviews said...

What great picks! Divergent & A Need So Beautiful would be in my top favorites too! A lot of the picks you made would be exactly the same for me as well!

Yani said...

=) I think its also kinda the most realistic one of the dystopians

Yani said...

great minds think alike :D

indigo331 said...

Yes! Vampire Academy!
I'm really looking forward to readnig A Need So Beautiful. It seems you really like it and it makes me even more excited to get it!

Rachel Star said...

Totally agree with you about Forever- I picked it as one of my favourites overall, it was just a wonderful ending to a wonderful series. And yay for Across the Universe! :)

Audrey C said...

A Need So Beautiful! I seriously need to read that book. Where She Went is such a gorgeous book, and I agree, Wither had such a fab premise :) love the list!

Danya said...

Ah I want to read A Need So Beautiful!! The premise of that one just sounds so phenomenal.

Nomes said...

oh your list is awesome :)

(i tried not to repeat either but, ahh, failed hopelessly, haha)

i really liked across the universe as well (even though i don't  normally get into sci-fi ...

and so many people have mentioned GRACE (!) really need to read that O.o

i also LOVE your special mention zone at the bottom (i think i will have to include that somewhere on one of my other posts ;)

Angie S said...

Love your list! I'm seeing Ten things we did around a lot. I'm going to have to look into that one. And you got to read Forever already?? Color me green!

LizConsumedbybooks said...

I also agree that Shiver has very beautiful prose. I  need to hurry up and read Linger since Forever is coming out soon.  Thanks for sharing your favorites with us!

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...