DAY ONE: the books
Hosted by: Inkcrush
I am going to try not to repeat and put books in one category, but for the most part, a lot of them fall into different ones.
1. favourite book read so far in 2011... I actually answered this question last, it's so hard to pick one favorite, but based on how many times I waned to say a book as the winner, I picked my favorites and they are A Need So Beautiful and Divergent.
2. most powerful book... Grace, this story just really hit me and it was so honest and real.
3. brilliantly funny... no competition (since I mostly read very dramatic stuff this year) Ten Things We Did (and Probably Shouldn't Have), with a commendation to the He's So Not Worth It series for having Annie's notes in the book.
4. best ache-y, heart-breaking, tear-jerker read... I am a big emotional nut, so a lot of the books that won other categories fall into this one as well, but I am choosing Paradise and Where She Went.
5. most beautiful story... A Need So Beautiful is one of the most surprising and most beautiful/haunting stories of a girl that doesn't want to be forgotten.
6. delicious rainy day comfort read... The Summer I Turned Pretty Series just has everything you could want, romance, drama, two hot boys!
7. adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award... Divergent (Divergent Trilogy) FTW!!! I am not kidding when I say I read this from 9 am to 10 pm in one day! But I have to give a second place in this one, because The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer was pretty hard to put down as well.
8. the beautiful prose award... because she is probably the best and most beautiful writer that I have enjoyed reading this much: Forever (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 3) and the whole Shiver series.
9. most atmospheric and vivid setting... Playing Hurt takes place in the beautiful mountains, and was described so vividly, loved that.
10. i-so-want-to-go-there award... Paris, of course because of both Anna and the French Kiss and Die For Me.
11. most original and imaginative... Across the Universe, I had never read much Sci-Fi but I think this story was very original and different!
12. best under-appreciated, hidden gem book... These would be the indies: Between the Lines, Songbird, and In the Storm.
13. i-had-no-idea-i-would-love this-so award... Forgive My Fins the cover nor the blurb in the back drew my attention, but after reading a review for it I picked it up and loved it!! Also, A Need So Beautiful was very unexpected.
14. most haunting story... because this really did happen in the past, maybe not the exact story, but Between Shades of Gray for the fact that humanity would allow this to happen to a family.
15. outside my comfort zone but gosh how i loved it... I am really liking the new greek mythology thing so Falling Under, Starcrossed, and The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen) where very different from my usual.
16. series that i’m loving... Vampire Academy! Just read the first one yesterday and I can't wait to read the rest!!
17. most memorable voice award... many of them, but I will go with A Need So Beautiful again.
18. completely awesome premise award... Wither (The Chemical Garden Trilogy) has the best premise of all dystopian, and the way society handles it, I believe is pretty realistic.
19. would make the best movie... Nightshade series! There is action, rebellions, and a love triangle. Also, Divergent and Possession! The boys of both are just so *sigh*
20. want to re-read already... Shade and Shift by Jeri Smith Ready because I don't want to forget a single thing for when book 3 comes out!!
Angelfire (Angelfire - Trilogy)
Fall for Anything
Ghost and the Goth
and for romance = anything Sarah Maclean!