Saturday, June 11, 2011

Book Review : Yours to Keep

Book: Yours to Keep (Kowalski Family #3)
Author: Shannon Stacey
Publisher: Carina Press
Date Published: June 6, 2011
Pages: -
Source: NetGalley
Date Read: May 29, 2011

Sean Kowalski no sooner leaves the army than he’s recruited by Emma Shaw to be her fake fiancĂ©. Emma needs to produce a husband-to-be for her grandmother’s upcoming visit, and, though Sean doesn’t like the deception, he could use the landscaping job Emma’s offering while he decides what to do with his civilian life. And, despite his attraction to Emma, there’s no chance he’ll fall for a woman with deep roots in a town he’s not planning to call home.

Emma’s not interested in a real relationship either; not with a man whose idea of home is wherever he drops his duffel bag. No matter how amazing his “pretend” kisses are…

Summary Taken from Goodreads
Yani's Review:
Through Amazon's awesome free kindle book deals, I read the first one in the Kowalski Family series and I really enjoyed it. When I saw there was a second one, with the funnier brother, I had to read it. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but I still enjoyed it. So when I heard that there would be a third coming out in June, I added it to my to-read pile in Goodreads. Then I saw it on netgalley and requested it right away. There is something about the Kowalski family that just keeps me entertained. I wish I had a family as big as they do.

It is always nice, when you read a series, to get updates on the previous main characters and Shannon never disappoints in that aspect. This book was a little different because it was a cousin and not a brother, but the family dynamic never changed. And I think I have to say that Emma is my favorite of the lead females in this series. She is spunky, and do it herself, while still being feminine. And Sean is just so gruff, but deep down a softy. And I LOVE these type of situations with fake boyfriends/fiance in which they hero and heroine are thrown together.

Overall, I really liked this story and partly because I am invested in the family story and partly because it was so darn cute.
Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Uniqueness: 4/5
Characters: 5/5

Similar Titles:
Undeniably YoursExclusively Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...