Monday, June 6, 2011

Book Review : Between

Book: Between
Author: Cyndi Tefft
Publisher: Self-Pub
Date Published: April 21, 2011
Pages: 246
Source: Author
Date Read: May 19, 2011

It just figures that the love of Lindsey Water's life isn't alive at all, but the grim reaper, complete with a dimpled smile and Scottish accent.

After transporting souls to heaven for the last 300 years, Aiden MacRae has all but given up on finding the one whose love will redeem him and allow him entry through the pearly gates.

Torn between her growing attraction to Aiden and heaven's siren song, Lindsey must learn the hard way whether love really can transcend all boundaries.

Summary Taken from Goodreads
Yani's Review:
So I am still not really sure how I feel about this book. I was a little turned off by the christian aspect of it, but at the same time it wasn't preachy and actually had some steamy scenes. This Between world is interesting and unique premise, kinda of a limbo for souls, but I thought that things where too easy there. You could make whatever you want happen, and go wherever you want, then why have Heaven?

What I did love about this book was Aiden. Maybe its my thing for Scots after Shade and Shift, but I was completely won over by him and I could see why Lindsey would be too. I also like the struggle she went through trying to figure out whats real and whats not.

Overall, loved the romance (top notch cute/steamy scenes), the plot as a whole could use some work though.

Ratings:
Plot: 3/5
Writing Style: 3/5
Uniqueness: 4/5
Characters: 4/5

Similar Titles:
ElsewhereBetween

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...