Friday, June 3, 2011

TGIF # 7

TGIF is a feature over GReads to re-cap the week's posts  & to propose a question for all the followers.
 
This Friday's Question:
Book Love: Do you share your books with others? Who was the last person you sent a book to?


Yes! I love to share my books because it means more people to talk about the books I love! And really though most of the time, when will you pick that book up again? So why not send it out to someone who hasn't read it.

To be honest until I heard about the BookSoulmates RAK program (awesome blog by the way check it out here), I really never thought of sending my books to other bloggers and they just sat in my shelves lonely and screaming to be read again. And then there are some books I just loved so much and I knew other people would love to *but there was no way they are getting my copy =P * so I bought and shipped one to them. For example, Ginger had never read Perks of Being A Wallflower. I was like WHATTT??? And I went to amazon and sent her one. She is after all my contemp YA twin, and that book has left such an impression on me, part of the explanation of my tattoo can be found in the pages of that book.

The last person I sent a book (well books in this case) to is Jude. I sent her a box of books I either had two of or just has no space for and I thought she would like them!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.

What are you doing to prepare for an upcoming zombie apocalypse and/or the return of Mel Gibson to the silver screen? (Both of which could be terrifying.)

Apparently I would die because I am in no way prepared for Zombies or Mel Gibson's return. Maybe I should just execute my hurricane preparedness plan: RUN and HIDE.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy For Books.
Share your favorite post from the last month and tell us why it's close to your heart!

I don't think I have had a favorite post. I like them all =D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Cyndi @ Dog-Eared & Bookmarked said...

I never thought about sharing books with bloggers, either. Ginger kindly sent me a book back in March, so I had to send her one back! I'd love to be able to send everyone books all the time, but the bank says no. I try to loan out my books to people I know around me.

Katelyn said...

Sharing books with bloggers is definitely something I need to start doing! I share with family and friends all the time but to be honest I think they are getting a little sick of my bookish addictions. Great responses :)
-Katelyn

Edel Grace said...

New follower here!

If a zombie apocalypse ever came, I wouldn't  want to die passively. I want to die fighting! But, I am a horrible fighter, haha.

I hope you have a great weekend and happy reading!

Edel @ http://room304.brokenphrases.info

Howard said...

As the saying goes – the best defense is a good offense.  I’ve got that covered! My preparations for the zombie apocalypse are not just intricate, they’re stylish.  I’m not talking “last stand” stuff here.  I mean to lure in the zombies and slaughter them wholesale while we sip champagne and watch.
 
How am I going to do that? Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and read all about it.
 
Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday!
 
Howard Sherman, Implementor
http://www.howardsherman.net

Debnance said...

Sadly, I would die, too.

I'm stopping by via the Hop.  I hope you will visit my blog, Readerbuzz. I always follow back. And I am doing a monthly giveaway. This month: Anna and the French Kiss!

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...