Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cravings

You know how when you were young and you had a favorite food, if you could, you would eat it everyday. Mine was chicken nuggets. I would ask for it everyday. Some days my parents gave in, but usually I ate a well-rounded yet still fattening Cuban meal. And then you grow up, and move away to college, where no one can tell you no. So you do just that, you eat your favorite food everyday.

That lasts about a week before your are completely over it, so much so that you don't want to see that meal again for weeks, even months.

Well that is how I had been feeling lately about paranormal romance novels. I was so over it. I thought it would never "taste" as good as the first couple of novels I devoured. And then Shiver came along, and suddenly I got my appetite back. Maggie Stiefvater renewed my love and craving for good YA paranormal romances.

I just finished Linger and I was not disappointed, in fact, this is one of those rare sequels that is better than the first. Her novels don't just fit into one category, there are real issues involved like in contemporary novels and mystical mysteries that keep you turning the page. Tomorrow, I will try to write my complete review, but I just had to say:

Thanks Maggie, for making me giddy for wolves again =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...