Friday, August 12, 2011

Series Review: Vampire Academy Books 1-3

Book 1 Synopsis:
St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's the very place where they're most in danger. . . .

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires make Lissa one of them forever.
I have no idea what I was thinking waiting so long to read this series!!!!!!!!!! Seriously! I can't even give you a comprehensive review of it because I just loved it so much I didn't even take one single note down. Books 1-3 were amazing. I read VA and the second book Frostbite between two days and I only stopped because I was like I have reviews to work on. Then I started reading book 3 when I saw that Lynn from Bring the Epic was reading the series and I have to say that Shadow Kiss if my favorite of the first three! I thought the other two where made of awesome, but Shadow Kiss is made of heaven.

This is definitely a fan girl geek out review and I wish I could give you specific of what I did like, but let's just say this book has everything you could like in a book: FIERCE KICK ASS GIRL LEAD, HOT UNATTAINABLE GUYS, COOL BEST FRIENDS, FRIENDS THAT BECOME VILLAINS AND VILLAINS THAT BECOME FRIENDS.

Also, this review by Liz pretty much says everything I was thinking while reading the book!

PS: I have the rest of the series waiting to be read, and I will try to take notes this time hehe

2 comments:

Asheley said...

oh, i need to read this series so bad. the first one is always checked out of the library and the book ban is still up. le sigh. 

Smash Attack said...

I was way late to the VA game too. I still need to read 4-6...glad you loved them! They are pretty stellar. ♥

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...