Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday's Bite! Final Post

This has been an awesome re-read along, thanks to everyone that participated and below you will find a little video from moi!

Last Discussion Questions (Link up at Greads!)
  1. In chapter 21 James calls Bella telling her he has her mother and the only way he won't kill her is if Bella comes alone. What would you do in that situation? Come alone or tell Alice and Jasper?
    This is one of the only things I find ridiculous about the book. Why does Bella think that Alice/Jasper or Edward can't help her. The story wouldn't be the same obviously, but I just want to shake her at this point.

  2. Was everyone else as shocked as I was when I first found out about the Alice/James situation? Do you think this adds to the story line or was it not needed? Why do you think they choose not to include these details in the movie?
    I was, and I am so glad you brought this up. I am not sure if its because I forgot, or what but I feel like this storyline never really goes anywhere in the other books. I was expecting some more revelations and I feel like I never got them.

  3. Edward had to do something extremely difficult in order to save Bella from becoming a vampire. Have you ever had a similar situation in your life where you had to push your will power to its limits?
    Not really, I guess other than when I diet, I have never been forced to fight for something too much.

  4. Bella and Edward get into the "to change Bella or not to change Bella" argument in the hospital. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? Why or why not?
    If I had an Edward, hell YEAH! LOL But like I have said before, unlike other people the idea of being a vampire doesn't intrigue me that much. Yes there are times that I would appreciate not having to sleep and all the free time (to read of course), but I would be bored after a couple hundred of years.

  5. Twilight ends with everyone going to the prom. Did you go to your prom? Was your experience similar to Bella's? Feel free to include pictures!!
    I did, and I had a blast!! In Miami (most schools), your prom is in a hotel and seniors only. So my friends and I rented hotel rooms after and stayed the whole weekend. It was like a giant party and a weekend I will never forget!

This was taken the last day, you can see how tired we all are. 
And yes we are still all best friends :)

EXTRA: So, it's over...Final thoughts?





13 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Loving your prom dress! that color is so pretty :-) and how fun that y'all made a weekend out of it!! 

Thank you Yani for helping me with this read along! I could not have done it without you.

Tina@Tinasbookreviews said...

I had so much fun doing this re-read with you guys. And I would have become a vampire too if I had Edward....:)

thelibrarianreads said...

I'll second the prom dress compliments...love the color! Also, while I said I'd convert to the vampire side, I did always wonder if they became bored with time. Taking the same high school classes over and over again...But I guess I just keep coming back to the fact that I'd be doing it with the love of my life, and it would be the only way for me to keep him...and I'm back to converting, lol

Bookgoonie said...

Thanks for sharing with us & thanks for hosting. I love the idea of a bunch of girlfriends renting a hotel room & NOT the typical boy-girl room rental. :) I've enjoyed getting to know you.

Jacinda @ Reading Housewives said...

I'm not sure why Bella thought that either, I mention this in my answer as well.

I wouldn't want to be a vamp either.

Indiana proms aren't as cool as Miami proms :( Great pics!

You made a video! You are awesome!

Re-reading other books together is a great idea! Hopefully one day!

The Book Diva said...

I was shaking Bella with you! If I has Edward I would be all about being a vampire! I enjoyed to re-read along! I would love to join in with another!

Mrs_laura_koehler said...

Yes girl totally had as much fun as you. I didn't devour Twilight like I did the first time, and kinda put if off til the end of the week, but I loved seeing the differences between the book and the movie, and loved loved commenting and reading other peoples answers. I hope we can do another book sometime in the near future too. Love your prom pics. That is so awesome that you made a whole night of it. I was out til 4am got bout 3-4 hours sleep then was at my hubbys nieces roller skating party the next day. I was so tired and my legs hurt but it was worth it. O he was my boyfriend then not hubby :)

Cicistheories said...

I agree with the shaking her!  Of course the story would have been much different had she gone with a posse to meet James.  Looks like prom was fun!  I expected a little more from Alice's story too.  I found it kind of intriguing that her and James had a past.  I think it could have added some depth to Alice at some point in the series.  

Jenni Elyse said...

How fun to rent a hotel room and make a whole weekend of it with your friends! I've done that once, not with prom, it was so much fun. I kind of miss that about being single. I know I can still do something like it, it's just finding the time and making sure everyone can do it and leave their families for a weekend to do so.

Your prom dress is really pretty. I love the vibrant green.

The Book Vixen said...

I had also forgotten about the Alice/James connection. It does make for an interesting background though.

lisa said...

ditto EVERYTHING you say in your adorable little vlog! this was so much fun, and i'm so happy we got to do this together!

ps - forever jealous of your cullen baseball shirt. :P

Asheley said...

You are so precious with that video. Thank you so much for helping to host this event for the rest of us; it was so much fun! 

I would totally be a vampire for Edward. TEAM EDWARD Forever. Seriously. 

My prom was in a gym. But it was pretty, so that's nice right??  :)

Molly Jo said...

Sounds like your prom was an absolute BLAST!

The whole point of the Alice/James connection gets me. Honestly, what was the point?

Thank you for hosting this re-read!  I'm so glad I found your blog through here.

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...