Saturday, August 6, 2011

Book Review: Should've Been a Cowyboy

Smutty Saturdays!
 Book Smut Level is: MEDIUM ;)

Series: Sons of Chance #4
Publisher: Harlequin

Release Date:  May 24, 2011
Pages: 224
Source: Netgalley


Party organizer Tyler O'Connelli is on the fast track to her dream career. She's so close she can almost taste it. But when she returns to her family and sees her one-night stand, Alex Keller, all done up in his cowboy gear, her self-control is stretched to the breaking point….

They're worlds apart. She's a busy career girl, and Alex is a cowboy. But while getting together might not bode well for anything long-term, it more than makes up for it in sheer hot chemistry! Problem is, this is one wrangler she might want to get tied down—and tied up—to…indefinitely!

Summary Taken from Goodreads
Yani's Review:
I have been wanting to read a good cowboy book for a while now, and unfortunately this book did not do it for me. I loved the setting and the family life style of the ranch in the book, and maybe if I had read the other books in the series I would have enjoyed it more, but as is I I wanted MORE!

I thought it was a little too fast paced, very little romance, and awkwardly realistic? What do I mean by that? The sex scenes, while steamy and hot, where at first a little awkward in that there was fumbling and movement to get into the right place... I don't know how to describe, but it just didn't do it for me.

There where some hot points and the family was a huge plus, which I was I kept reading, but I am not sure I would read the other books in the series. Also, wanted more cowboy sexiness if possible!
My Review in a Tweet: 
For fans of quick, realistic, sexy reads I would recommend this book, however it fell flat to me in the sexy cowboy department.

Ratings:
Plot: 2/5
Writing Style: 3/5
Uniqueness: 3/5
Characters: 3/5

Buy the book here!
**commissions earned from sales are minimal and go towards giveaways!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...