Friday, March 18, 2011

Review: Overprotected

Book: Overprotected
Author: Jennifer Laurens
Publisher: Grove Creek Publishing

Release Date: April 29, 2011
Pages: 243
Source: Bought
Date Read: March 3,2011

Summary:

Ashlyn: A lonely society princess living in New York City.

Daddy hired you to be my bodyguard.

Colin: Childhood enemy, now her protector.

Daddy thought I’d be safe. He thought I’d never fall in love. He thought he could keep me forever.

Charles: obsessed with keeping her safe, keeping her his, he hires the one person he knows she could never fall in love with: Colin.

Daddy was wrong.

Yani's Analysis:


E-Readers: DO NOT GET THE KINDLE VERSION! Unless you like reading books with chopped off sentences and no organization what so ever, do not get the kindle version!

For a while I was not sure how I felt about this book This is my second Jennifer Laurens book and the first one left me stumped like this as well. Though, I did like this one way more. I thought it would be a cute romantic read about a love hate relationship - which side note I love the passion in those- instead it was a deep novel about bigger issues than "I now love the guy I used to hate." It's kind of a look into the seemling perfect lives of a stepford family.

One of my quips about the first Jennifer Laurens book I read was the the character's actions didn't match the way they felt. The book left me confused. In this book there was no confusion, but I did think that the father must be crazy to have such strong security measures for his almost 18 daughter. I mean she can't even leave school for lunch?? That's insane! (This coming from a girl with her own experience with overprotective families) Overall, I was hooked. I couldn't put the story down. It was like reading a soap opera.

It was not what I expected, but still an enjoyable read, current Jennifer Laurens fans will not be disappointed.
WARNING: This is a little hotter than most young adult stories, but I enjoyed it that way =)

Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Uniqueness: 4/5
Characters: 4/5


Other Memorable Quotes:
I might be his child, but I was tired of being owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...