Thursday, March 24, 2011

Interview: Karen Metcalf

About Karen

Tell us (the readers) a little about yourself and how you started writing?
I’ve always loved to write. I was big on poetry when I was younger, and had a few published in anthologies. As I grew older I dabbled in short stories, but nothing big.  In the Storm was my first attempt at real writing.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Favorite Genres?
I love horror and sci-fi, which of course means Stephen King. I’ve been reading him for as long as I can remember. I fell in love with Richard Matheson’s I am Legend when I was thirteen, and it is easily the book I reread most often. I also really enjoyed Joe Haldeman’s The Forever War.

What is you favorite thing about writing or being a writer?
I think I started to write because it was so cathartic. Then I realized I could make other people cry, and I think that was my goal for a long time. Now it is about creating a journey and dragging the reader with me. I want a reader to walk away with just a few of my words stuck in their head, or a new idea. As a reader there is nothing better than a book that stays with you, and that is my goal as a writer.

About the Book

One of my favorite things about the book is the concept of the storm world and your explanation of deja vu ( which I tend to get alot) ... is there any part of you that really believes that it can be true?
I guess I believe it could be possible. I was a very imaginative child, and like to think just about anything could happen. I certainly don’t think we’ve got it all figured out.

Also, I loved Carly! She is one of the strongest female protagonist I have ever read about. Is she based on you or someone you know?
Thank you! Parts of Carly are based on me as a child, like her anger. But I really wanted to create a strong character; I don’t very much like whiney protagonists who just sit idly and let the world screw them over.  And we don’t always get handed the world on a silver platter. Though we can’t always change things I believe we should at least try.

Is there any chance in the future there will be a sequel?? I would love to here more about the storm world and how it came to be... Also some more Carly Morgan wouldn't be a bad thing either =)
I haven’t taken that off the table, but I am working on a separate piece right now.  I don’t yet know what the future holds for Carly and Morgan, but am just as excited to find out!

So Whats next??
I don’t want to say too much about my next project
just yet but it will be in the same genre and longer.

Thanks for telling us a more about yourself and how In the Storm came to be, I really hope to see more from you in the future!

            Thanks so much for the wonderful interview!

Enter the Giveaway for In the Storm Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...