Friday, April 22, 2011

TGIF # 4


TGIF is a feature over GReads to re-cap the week's posts  & to propose a question for all the followers.
 
This Friday's Question:
Explicit Material: how do you feel about explicit language and/or sexual content in YA books?


I really don't mind sexual content or foul language. And it is not because I am an older reader of YA. It never really bothered me. even when I was 13/14 and reading young adult fiction. I think that as along as its part of the character or storyline, then it has its place. In fact some of these books, with the more mature content, feel more realistic and genuine to me.

Now if I was a mom would I want my 12 year old reading some of these YAs, no probably not. I really think that should be something the reading world considers when they label a work YA. What is YA? well according to publishers its from 13-17... really?? I believe that there are four different levels of reading: children, teen, young adult, and adult. Isn't an adult someone over the age of 18? So wouldn't someone who is a YOUNG adult be over 18. I mean the adult years has a big range so I can't tell you where it should end, but I definitely think it should begin there. But I am going into a different topic on how we classify books....

I have no problems with explicit language and/or sexual content in YA books =)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.

Q. What is on your current playlist right now?

I have been listening to my Ultra music festival playlist on repeat since I went to the event about a month ago. For those of you that don't know what Ultra is, it is a music festival with over 100,000 attendees who listen to djs spin. I am not a fan of just techno beats, but I do like the dance styles of some of the djs there and I had a blast with my friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy For Books.
If you find a book you love, do you hunt down other books by the same author?

Yes definitely! If I really enjoy the author I might even pick up another of their books right away. Either way that author is now on my lists that I check for ever so often and see if they have a new book.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Elizabeth Scott Book Week

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      Leave a message at the beep.
      BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...