Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Review: Where She Went

Book: Where She Went (If I Stay Book 2)
Author: Gayle Forman
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release Date: April 5, 2011
Pages: 264
Source: My Kindle
Date Read: April 5, 2011


It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.


Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
Yani's Analysis:
Please Do Not Read Unless You Have Read If I Stay

I thought I loved Adam in the first book, but I never connected fully until I felt his pain, anger, and frustration in this book. I now understand how Mia's choice affected others in her life. The choice was never the easy part, but you never realized the after would be this hard.

Adam has changed since Mia's accident and their subsequent break up. He is bitter, angry, and all of a sudden superstitious to the point he almost seems a little crazy. At first I was like who is this guy?  What happened to him? And then you learn more and more about what has happened since we last saw Mia and Adam. In a short span of time Adam lost Mia, Mia's family, and his love of music. I feel his hurt,  and I begin to cry for a whole different reason than If I Stay. Frustration and regret can eat a person till all that is left is a hollow shell. That was Adam at the beginning of this book.

A beautiful journey and a perfect companion to If I Stay. Adding both of these books to my favorite shelves.

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Uniqueness: 5/5
Characters: 5/5

Memorable Quotes:
"Whoever said that the past isn't dead had it backward. It's the future that's already dead, already played out. This while night has been a mistake. It's not going to let me rewind. Or unmake the mistakes I've made. Or the promises I've made. Or have her back. Or have me back."

Enter the Where She Went Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...