Monday, April 25, 2011

Book Review : A Need So Beautiful

Book: A Need So Beautiful
Author: Suzanne Young
Publisher: Balzer and Bray
Date Published: June 21, 2011
Pages: 252
Source: ARC Tour
Date Read: April 22, 2011

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

There have been others before who’ve felt the Need, but they’re gone—erased from the memories of everyone whose lives they had touched. It's as though they never existed. This is the fate that awaits Charlotte. But the last thing Charlotte wants to do is disappear, to be Forgotten. She wants to stay with her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend’s arms forever. She wishes she could just ignore the Need, but she can’t. And as everyone important in her life begins to slowly forget her, she has to decide if she’ll fight the Need in order to remain herself—no matter how dark the consequences.

Summary Taken from Goodreads
Yani's Review:
I am so so so so so happy I signed up for this book tour. I read the description and it seemed promising, but when I got this instead of Wolfsbane in the mail I was dissappointed. That didn't last long! In the midst of studying for finals I had the next morning, I took a break and picked up this book. I told myself one chapter and I'll go back to studying. One chapter became another and another and another until I was done with the book at 2AM. Needless to say the final didn't go that well, but the book was that good! I could not put it down.

This is not your typical angel story. First off the protagonist, our hero, Charlotte doesn't even know who are what she is. She has a best friend, a boyfriend she loves, and an adopted family that love her and she's supposed to give this up to save some strangers?! That's what I loved about her... for being an Angel, she sure was no angel.But despite her struggle to keep from being forgotten, the Need (this uncontrollable urge to help others) was quickly taking over her life.


The story develops and you -slowly - learn more about what Charlotte is and her Need. Every time Charlotte comes close to learning more about herself the Need kicks in. Suzanne knows how to tease the reader, leaving us with the Need to learn what lies ahead for Charlotte and will she truly be forgotten by those she loves most?

My favorite part of the story was Charlotte's boyfriend Harlin. Scruffy face CHECK motorcycle CHECK family issues CHECK... all the makings of a sweet bad boy you can't help but love and Charlotte did, at first sight. For once the love at first sight thing didn't bother me, the whole book is based on desires and urges you can't control and those you just want. Charlotte can't help but want Harlin and neither can I.

This story is tragic and haunting, and just so beautiful. With an interesting premise, well developed characters, and the primordial conflict of good vs evil, A Need So Beautiful can do now wrong. I seriously NEED to know what happens next ???
{I hope you liked all my puns, it was just too easy =P}

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Uniqueness: 5/5
Characters: 5/5

Similar Titles:
None! It's not like anything I have read before!!

Memorable Quotes:
There is nothing worse then being forgotten. Like I never existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...