Friday, April 29, 2011

TGIF ♥ 5


Hello guys! Yani is on some well-deserved vacations, hope she's enjoying them :D! so today's TGIF will be answered by me :)


TGIF, hosted by GReads


This Friday's Question: 

Standalone vs. Series: what's your stance?
 


well, in YA paranormal fiction is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find standalone books which, in YA realistic fiction is usually the only thing you'll find. I really like it when in one books you get everything, beginning, middle and ending. I don't like series because sometimes, from the moment I finish book one to the moment book two comes out, I usually already forgot the details of the series and lost that need of the books. Still like them, but I don't have that hunger for them anymore. If the whole series is finished then I'm in. Also, I don't like in series when you can just tell that the authors are making things  up to keep it going. For example: The House Of Night Series, I'm a HUGE fan of the series, but I really do think the authors went a little overboard with this where the story is going now :/

I'm more of a fan of Standalone.

But as always, it is hard to let go of characters or the story, so Series really are cool.

I don't know... I think I'm 60% Standalone and 40% Series ^^

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.


Follow Friday is asking:  

Q. Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

Easy :D!

1.- Take Me There by Carolee Dean

2.- Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

3.- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

4.- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

5.- Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols

6.- When It Happens by Susane Colasanti

7.- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

8.- The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

9.- Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

10.- Rules Of Attraction by Simone Elkeles


Weird choice of books I know.... I was thinking about adding Thirteen Reasons Why but I just HATE that book. Seriously, I was so traumatized I swore I would never read a book that was similar, but I've read it 7 times by now so.......


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy For Books.
Book Blogger Hop


Our Hop Question:

Summer is coming quickly - what 2011 summer release are you are most looking forward to?



Putting Makeup On Dead People!!! by Jen Violi. NOOO DOUBT! :DD

 I have an ARC right now so I'm currently reading it :D! comes out May 24!!







This was all for Blessed Fridays, thanks for following ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...