Saturday, April 16, 2011

Book Review : Shift

Book: Shift (Shade #2)
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: May 3, 2011
Pages: 384
Source: Simon Pulse
Date Read: April 8, 2011


Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to. 


Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.
Yani's Analysis:
There could not have been a better sequel to Shade than Shift. It's freaking perfect! And if it where to end right now, without a third book it would leave me satisfied. Don't get me wrong, I am dying to know what comes next for Aura, but the ending was just fantastic.

As you all know I love my ghosts and Logan, despite his immature behavior at times, is my favorite ghost boy. In this book you can see how his afterlife has affected him, he has matured. Even though has hasn't aged a day over 17, he is becoming more adult. But as much as I love Logan, Zachary stole my heart in this book.

As it is the second book more is revealed about he shift, and how the solstices and all that astronomy stuff has to do with it. I have never been into astronomy before, but this book makes me want to go sit outside and stare at the stars.

There where some unexpected twists, especially in the first couple of pages and the last, so even though the mystery is unraveling there is till more to learn. I don't want to give too much away other that one of my favorite scenes that was both just funny and heart wrenching was this scene that Aura, Megan, Logan and Zachary where all in the same room having a meeting of the minds. I just loved that scene.

If you have read Shade Go out and pre-order this book now!! It comes out May 3!

Ratings:
Plot: 5/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Uniqueness: 5/5
Characters: 5/5

Similar Titles:
Shadowland (The Mediator, Book 1)The Mediator ReunionNinth Key (The Mediator, Book 2)Haunted (The Mediator, Book 5)The Mediator #6: TwilightDarkest Hour (The Mediator, Book 4)

Memorable Quotes:

coming soon

1 comment:

Amber said...

I just finished this book (about 10 minted ago!) and I absolutely loved it! It was even better than the first. I love Logan, but as you said in your review, you really grow to love Zachary too. I loved the ending and that scene you mentioned was one of my favorite parts too :) 5 stars to this book!

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...