Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #20 {All These Things I've Done}



WOW is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine.
From Goodreads:
In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight—at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.
Why Yani is Waiting on It: 
Dystopian/Mafia-esque/Romeo and Juliet type thing going on here and it sounds really intereting! Plus I have read Garbielle's other work and have really liked it. READ Elsewhere! I really enjoyed that one and thought it was so different.

Can't wait for this book coming out: September 6, 2011

8 comments:

Holly said...

Hey, New follower.  
Your blog is so pretty!  
A world with out chocolate, that is unimaginable. Just for that it is worth the read :).  The book sounds so good.   

Don't be a stranger
In-Interest

mrs_laura_koehler said...

This sounds great. I first saw it on someones IMM i forgot to add it to my goodreads to read list so thanks for reminding me. I couldnt live without chocolate and coffee how awful. This story sounds great. Cant wait to read.
Great pick Yani.

thelibrarianreads said...

I like the sound of this one. Good pick

Tina@Tinasbookreviews said...

Great pick...;D I cant wait to read this one either..

Laura said...

Chocolate is illegal?! No! I can't wait to read this one, sounds like an amazing premise. I also loved Zevin's Teenage Amnesiac and Elsewhere so I'm sure this will be fantastic.

Here's my WOW: http://bit.ly/nJxD5B

indigo331 said...

Oh wow, that sounds great! I'll have to add it to my list.

Grace Fonseca said...

What an interesting sounding book. I picked it up at Book Expo. Haven't read it yet, but will.

Sonny @ Literary Junkie said...

So different, and so intriguing! 
Here is my WOW:
http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html
Happy Reading :}

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...