Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Review : Falling Under

Publisher: New American Library
(March 1, 2011)
Date Read: June 2, 2011
Pages: 324
Source: My Kindle

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.

Summary Taken from Goodreads
Yani's Review:
I wasn't expecting to like this book as much as I did, but it so wasn't what I was expecting. It was dark, twisted, and really scary at some points. And when it wasn't that it was hot and romantic. I couldn't put it down!

I don't know why dangerous is equal to sexy, but its so the case with Haden. He's mysterious and kind of a jerk, but not as much as other reviews make him out to be. In the words of innocent and naive Theia...
If I was going to begin the kind of games boys and girls play in high school, I should have started with a nice boy who didn’t make me feel like Little Red Riding Hood alone with the Big Bad Wolf.
And then as we get to know him he's shy one minute, and charismatic devil the next. Yes, there was a bit of insta-love, but I am starting to come of the opinion that if done right, insta-love can lead to some of passionate romance novels I have ever read. On top of really loving the romance (and let me tell if there is one thing Gwen rocks, its writing romance - see reviews of her novellas by clicking the tag Gwen Hayes below!) I was really intrigued by the mythology and the seriously twisted "Under."

I really can't wait for the second book and am so glad this book was gifted to me by Neri @ In the Name of Books Thanks Again!!
My Review in a Tweet: This Tim Burtonesque book is scary, sexy, and scary sexy. Really enjoyed falling 'Under' with Theia and Haden and looking forward to what comes next!

Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Writing Style: 5/5
Uniqueness: 3/5
Characters: 4/5

Memorable Quotes:
This is one of my favorite scenes:
Haden stopped walking, watching me warily. I, however, didn’t stop. I didn’t even slow. Like that first day in the hall, it seemed that the world stood still. When I reached him, I pulled him into the grass and cupped his surprised face in my hands. “I missed you,” I said, and before he could respond, I kissed him with all the unpracticed ardor I possessed.

“What the hell?” I heard Noelle say, but by then Haden was smiling into my kiss and returning it. He placed his hand behind my head and pulled me closer. Noelle left in a huff.

“You’re a minx,” he said when I allowed him up for air. “And you’re going to get us both detention for PDA and walking on the grass.” “I had to make sure you weren’t another dream,

Similar Titles:
The Goddess Test (Harlequin Teen)Abandon

Other Reviews:
Buy the book here!
**commissions earned from sales are minimal and go towards giveaways!

2 comments:

Smash Attack said...

Ohhhh. This book was gifted to me ages ago, but like tons of my books, it is sitting on my shelf, unloved. I want to move it up the list now!

Mrs_laura_koehler said...

This cover looks great. I am reading the Goddess Test right now!
I will have to check this book out.

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...