Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Review: Save the Date

Book: Save the Date
Author: Jenny B Jones
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: 2/01/2011
Pages: 320
Source: ARC
Date Read: 2/19/2011

Summary:


When Alex and Lucy pick out wedding invitations, they wonder if they can be printed in vanishing ink.

Former NFL star Alex Sinclair is a man who has it all--except the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancee in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy will find her heart on the line--and maybe even her life. When God asks Alex and Lucy to scrap their playbook and follow his rules, will they finally say, "I do"?

Yani's Analysis:
I don't usually read christian romantic novels, they are a little too preachy for me, but I really enjoyed this book. Most adult romantic novels are passionate and erotic, sometimes losing the friendship, longing, caring part of the relationship. That is why I liked this story. Both characters where relatable and you can feel the connection from the moment they meet.

I also really like the side stories of the secondary characters. Usually I want them to go away and go back to the love birds, but this book was about more than that. It was about family and forgiveness, about caring for others, and about letting go of your doubts. While I never did forget this was a christian novel, I was still touched by it. I would even be willing to give other christian novels a shot if they are like this one.

Ratings:
Plot: 4/5
Writing Style: 4/5
Uniqueness: 3/5
Characters: 4/5

Similar Titles:
Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God (Women of Faith (Thomas Nelson))I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life)In Between: A Katie Parker Production (Act I)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...