Saturday, September 3, 2011

Smutty Saturdays: Star Crossed Seduction

Smut Level: MEDIUM :)

By: Jenny Brown
Publisher: Avon
Release Date:  August 30, 2011
Pages: 384
Source: Night Owl Reviews


A beautiful thief has stolen the heart of the one man in London whose secrets are as dangerous as her own . . .
Shrewd and wily, pickpocket Temperance Smith needs no man’s favor to survive on London’s unforgiving streets—even when she’s caught red-handed by an officer of the hated dragoons.

On leave from India to find a proper bride in London, Captain Miles Trevelyan is easy prey for a seasoned pickpocket like Temperance. But when the dazzling thief steals first his wallet, then his heart, his pursuit throws them into a deadly world of treason and betrayal that will force them to question everything they know about love, loyalty, and desire. For there can be no middle ground for these two stormy-tempered Scorpios entangled in the star-crossed romance that threatens to destroy them both . . .

Summary Taken from Goodreads

Yani's Review:

Star Crossed Seduction is a historical romance unlike anything I have yet to read. This is the second book in the new astrology historical romance series by Jenny Brown and while I think the whole concept is interesting, I felt a little confused. But let me start at the beginning…

I have always been interested in astrology. No, this does not mean the stars, that’s astronomy, I get confused with the two all the time. This story has many facets, astrology being a major part of one. It’s a romance, obviously, historical between a pick-pocketer lady from noble lineage and an officer of the King’s army (screams forbidden romance) now add in the mystery of stolen item, betrayal of the worst kind, fights for freedom, and conspiracy’s galore… that’s what Star Crossed Seduction is about!

I thought everything I mentioned above was interesting enough, I liked the romance, I liked the mystery, and I loved the lack of trust that turned as desires grew. What I didn’t like as much was the astrology part, yes it pulled the story together and yes it was interesting, but towards the end it just got so cryptic and too much detail with the seventh moon rising in the Venus and blah blah. That, along with the legit historical language of the book, created a bit of confusion for me.

Still I really liked the characters and the backstory, and even the way they come together. It was cute and exactly what I needed.
My Review in a Tweet:
If you are for a different historical romance that has some mystery and conspiracy themes to it, this is the book for you! Even more so if you love horoscopes :)

Ratings:

Plot Development: 7/10
Writing Style: 7/10
Characters: 8/10 
Pace: 7/10
Uniqueness: 9/10
Ease of Reading: 5/10


Buy the book here!
**commissions earned from sales are minimal and go towards giveaways!

1 comment:

mrs_laura_koehler said...

Def sounds interesting. Love the cover! Im no so much into romance anymore, but i have to have a little romance in the things i read does that evev make since? Great review.

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...