Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mini-Reviews: Angels and Demons Edition

Angels and Demons Edition: Fallen by Lauren Kate & Personal Demons by Lisa Derochers
 _____________________________________________

Author: Lauren Kate 
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Released: 12/8/2009
Pages: 452
Rating: 3 Stars!
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
 Summary Taken from Goodreads
My Mini-Review:
The reason it took me so long to write this review is because this book was just THERE for me. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad. I enjoyed the ride, and have picked up the other books, but I can't say its the best angel book I have ever read. What I enjoyed most about this book is the mystery about Luce and Daniel's background. I can't wait to see what more is revealed in Torment, and I heard Passion is very HOT!
____________________________________________________

Publisher: Tor Teen
Released: 09/14/2010
Pages: 365
Rating: 4 Stars!

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance—-even her closest friends—-and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy—-all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.
 Summary Taken from Goodreads
My Mini-Review:
Like the Story Siren, I thought Frannie's choice between Heaven and Hell would be easy.... definitely NOT! When they say Luc is a demon, they aren't kidding. He's not the usual dangerous guy, trying to be good... he could give three shits -pardon my language- until he meets Frannie. And Frannie is seriously torn between the devilishly sexy bad boy and the gorgeous golden good guy. This was my first audio book and I really enjoyed hearing Luc and Frannie's voicing their thoughts. I fell hard for this book and I am really excited to read the second book. If you are looking for a hot, fast paced, fun read... this is your pick!

2 comments:

Jacinda @ Reading Housewives said...

I remember loving these books when I read them...but I have no desire to read the other books in the series. 

Yani said...

yeah I have both sequels, but haven't picked them up yet

Post a Comment

Leave a message at the beep.
BBBBEEEEEEEEEEEPPPP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...